Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain | Full-time | Partially remote
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to set up and maintain our cloud infrastructure on AWS, GCP, and ensure optimal reliability, performance and security by applying best practices. You will also be responsible for updates of our cloud infrastructure, backups, disaster recovery protocols. You will be facilitating maximum productivity of the development team through automation (e.g., launch a test platform with a single click) and support our DevOps environment.
Technologies include public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS), Kubernetes, Jenkins, NoSQL databases (MongoDB), Relational Databases and Python.
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production and Development environments
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures
- Work closely with the development team to understand automation needs
- Optimize the cost of our operations by optimizing different public clouds, and the transfer of data between different locations and/or cloud providers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems (Ubuntu, Debian)
- Experience with automation/monitoring tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Grafana)
- Understanding networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, and TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with container systems such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Administration of public clouds such as GCP and AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical users)
- MSc/BSc in computer science or a related field
Desired Qualifications (optional)
- Object oriented programming language skills (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and risk management
- Enterprise support experience with Windows, Mac or Linux system support and troubleshooting
- NGINX/Proxy experience
QMENTA is a multi-disciplinary science and engineering start-up. The company’s mission is to develop technologies to better understand the healthy and diseased brain. We are a fast-growing startup. In the last 6 years, we have expanded our business globally and served hospitals, research centers and pharmaceutical companies in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
At QMENTA, we strive on solving hard problems with creative solutions, and have fun during the process. In everything we do, we’re guided by our ABCDE’s core values:
- Positiveness: We face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Encourage: We work hard and share your enthusiasm.
- Amplify: We amplify our capabilities and multiply results.
- Brains before brawn: We are resourceful and innovative.
- Proactive: We generate constructive change both personal and professional.
- Pride: We take pride in our work and recognize it.
- Ambition: We tackle important and meaningful problems.
- Impact: We are making a difference in the world.
- Excellence: We set the bar high.
- Fast delivery: We are nimble and efficient.
- Quality: We understand our clients and deliver the highest quality product.
- Accountability: We are pragmatic and meet our commitments.
- Privacy and Security: We design our systems to protect data following global industry standards.
- Expertise: We have the knowledge and skills to solve your problems.
- Trust: We are honest, ethical and our word is our bond.
Only CVs in English will be taken into consideration.
We are an exciting and rapidly growing business where everyone works hard towards a common goal of exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for the right candidate to join us on our journey.
Apply from the button below to send us your CV or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org