FreeSurfer 6.0 + Hippocampal Subfields
Computes a morphology study of a T1 image using the recon-all script from FreeSurfer.
Produces a quantitative report of volume and thickness from all regions of the sub-cortex and the Desikan-Killiany-Tournville cortical atlas.
This pipeline includes skull-stripping, tissue segmentation, atlas-based parcellation, volumetry, and cortical thickness computation.
Final outputs are additionally AC-PC aligned.
The hippocampal stream uses additional high-resolution T2-weighted hippocampal imaging (if included in input data) to improve hippocampal sub-fields segmentation.
- Automated whole-brain volumetry and cortical thickness calculation.
- Full cortex parcellation according to Desikan-Killiany-Tournville atlas.
- Sub-cortical volumetry.
- Optional full-head T2 -or- T2-FLAIR input to improve pial surface estimation.
- Supports high-resolution improved hippocampal sub-fields segmentation and volumetry (requires additional high-resolution T2 hippocampal image following ADNI protocol).
- Optional hippocampal sub-fields volumetry based on T1 image if no high-resolution hippocampal image is available.